2.07.2011

Last week was a doozy...


It started out with a broken foot which put an end to my marathon training. I cried when the doctor told me it was broken. Both Brandon and I registered for the Seattle Rock 'n' Roll marathon. I guess I'll be cheering for Brandon on the sidelines. However, I may have enough time to train for the half once I get the Doc's approval to start running again.



Then my baby turned 4 years old! Say it ain't so!
The fact that he is not a baby any more has suddenly become a reality to me in the last few months.
I don't like it. Maybe I need to have another one.
This is what he choose for his birthday breakfast.



Then a snow storm came though that brought sub zero temperatures.
We ended up having 4 snow days in a row due to lots of snow, freezing temps, buses not being able to start, and a natural gas shortage.


All over town pipes were freezing and bursting even at our very own church building.
I didn't fully understand how bad it was until I saw the pictures.
Needless to say we won't be using this building for a few months.



3 comments:

Robyn said...

How'd you break your foot?! I can imagine what a bummer that would be after making the mental commitment to a marathon. I'm so sorry!

Becca said...

SOOOO sorry to hear about your foot. That is really sad! And good luck with the snow--yikes!

*Leslie* said...

Wow, I'm so sorry about your foot and about your ward building - that's awful! I love the darling family picture at the top of your blog!